Move that bus! Join the Transportation team in Yellowstone National Park!
The Transportation Department takes visitors on exciting tours over 142 miles of Yellowstone’s grand loop, with stops at each of the 6 villages and points of interest along the way. The Bus Washer is responsible for helping keep our tour vehicles clean and ready for the more than 65,000 visitors that take tours during the summer season in Yellowstone National Park. Learn more about the Interpretation & Transportation department.
April 2022-October 2022
~40+ hours – May include weekends, evenings and holidays
Location: Throughout Yellowstone National Park (Canyon, Gardiner, Grant, Madison, Mammoth, Old Faithful, Roosevelt, Lake)
Perks & Benefits
- In-park housing provided including Wi-Fi (limited bandwidth), laundry, and all utilities ($45.74 per two-week pay period)
- All meals provided including breakfast, lunch, and dinner ($164.24 per two-week pay period)
- Meals and housing costs are subject to change
- No Wyoming state taxes deducted from your paycheck
- Free Employee Recreation Program (athletics, gear rentals, seminars, entertainment, games, and more).
- $350 Referral Bonus for EACH person you refer who gets hired
- Time and a half paid above 40 hours
Click here for more perks
Why Yellowstone National Park Lodges
We are a welcoming community who work hard, share a real passion for the environment, and enjoy crafting memorable experiences for our guests. As part of the Xanterra Travel Collection, we are the primary authorized concessioner in Yellowstone, and as such, we are proud stewards of the park.
Get the Scoop from Employees on Instagram
, and Facebook
See Yourself Here
- Cleaning Transportation vehicles (including bus rest rooms) as needed for tours or other departmental transportation needs.
- Driving Guides to and from various locations in and out of the Park where they meet tours or end tours.
- Answering the telephone and taking messages.
- Cleaning non-company busses.
- Cleaning the interior of buildings, as needed, including break rooms and rest rooms.
- Driving all equipment onto wash pad.
- Responsible for a clean and neat appearance in the prescribed uniform.
- Assisting as needed with guest services in other departments, and other duties as assigned.
- At least 21 years of age and possess a valid driver’s license with a good driving record.
- Able to work without close supervision.
- Must meet all DOT Physical requirements and pass a DOT physical exam.
- Able to reach high, grasp the handle of cleaning brushes, stand, walk around both the inside and outside of busses, and bend to sweep floors.
- Able to work for up to 10 hours outdoors in variable weather (including rain, sleet, snow, direct sunlight, high winds, and temperatures ranging from -60° to +100° Fahrenheit).
- Able to bend, twist, and lift up to 50 lbs. simultaneously and repeatedly.
- Simultaneously steer a vehicle, shift its transmission, operate accelerator and brake pedals, and give commentary while driving in heavy traffic.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status.