Instagram is a popular social platform for sharing photo and video content about work or some articles and stories of a product or service. Well, in this tutorial, we will provide tips on how to add a link to Instagram Stories
Influencers and content creators often use links to ask their followers to view or visit the web to promote other brands or advertise products.
Previously, Instagram offered a ‘Swipe Up’ option to add a link to Instagram Stories. But recently the feature was replaced with Instagram Stickers.
This new feature allows users to add links anywhere on Instagram Stories. Added links are now no longer limited to just the bottom of the page as before.
However, not all users on Instagram are allowed to add links to their Instagram Stories. Only users who have more than 10,000 followers on social media platforms, or have verified accounts, or represent established brands are allowed to add links to IG Stories.
This ceiling limit may be imposed by Instagram to prevent misinformation and the spread of incorrect links on the platform.
If you fall into the category of getting access to add links, here are the simple steps you need to follow to add links to your Instagram Stories.
It’s important to reiterate that you need to be careful when sharing links with your audience. Check the authenticity of the link and make sure it is not a phishing or spam link.
Here’s How to Add a Link to Your Instagram Story
- Open Instagram on your phone, and swipe left to upload an Instagram Story.
- Add your photos or videos and edit them according to your preferences.
- Swipe up to open the editing tray and a Link option (chain icon) will appear right next to Poll.
- Then click and paste the URL you want to share with your followers.
- Some of the links will appear on a sticker in your story to let followers know about it before clicking.
- You can move the sticker to any part of the Instagram Story.
- Share your story by clicking the Share to option and making the link live. The link will be clickable for everyone who views your Instagram Story.
Well, that was How to Add a Link to Instagram Stories. It’s very easy, isn’t it? You can immediately try it on your favorite cell phone. Good luck!